so what do you eat?

Posted by J on Wednesday, March 16, 2011. Filed under: , ,

After I'm done shooting off the list of things that I don't eat I'm often asked what exactly I do eat.

Well, actually, I eat a lot. I'm supposed to keep a food journal but I don't do it consistently, I'm like that. I'll be all into doing it for about an hour in the morning until I get busy with my kids, misplace my notebook, don't like to type on my (broken) ipod, etc etc. I do know what I ate/drank yesterday though just to give you an idea.

  • Water (lots, I'm only putting it here once though)
  • Peppermint tea with a tsp of honey (about 3 cups)
  • 1 slice SCD legal cheese cake (made with full fat yogurt, and dry curd cottage cheese)
  •  Smoothie made with 1 cup of full fat yogurt, 2 bananas, tablespoon of honey 
  • decaf tea with a tsp of honey 
  • coconut water
  • Slice of SCD legal meat loaf (from Grain Free Gourmet, which is made with 90% lean ground meat, and loads of veggies: red pepper, celery, carrots as the binder)
  • Apple cider
  • seltzer water  
  • Roasted chicken legs (2), pureed cauliflower
  • 3 slices sharp cheddar cheese
  • frozen peach slices, thawed, with cinnamon

Today I am introducing beans that have been soaked over night and fully cooked into my diet with the chicken chili recipe from Grain-Free Gourmet. Hopefully I'm able to tolerate them because that will be a great source of calories and protein for me.

I am trying to gain weight. I haven't lost that much in the grand scheme of things. I weighted 135lbs when I was admitted to the hospital in July, as of today I weigh 112lbs. I am 5'4". Once I stopped growing I pretty consistently weighted about 120lbs all throughout high school and college. I'd like to get close to that again it just seems impossible to keep any weight on right now.

body by Crohn's

Overall I'm feeling really good but the sight of my slight frame is starting to bother me. My hips stick out too much and my ribs are very apparent. The first thing my friend said to me when she saw me was, "What happened to your boobs?" I'd like to know too. I suppose this is the next step in this journey for me.

No Responses to so what do you eat?

Leave a Reply