Zucchini Pasta & Garlic and Rosemary Bread (SCD legal & nut free)

Posted by J on Tuesday, January 18, 2011. Filed under: , , , , , ,

Here's what I had for dinner last night: Zucchini pasta with fresh parm and a piece of roasted garlic and rosemary bread. Zucchini pasta is really quick and easy it's become one of my favorite meals as of late. I bought a jullieann peeler so it makes the process a whole lot quicker, I recommend getting one! Now the Garlic & Rosemary bread takes a little advanced planning but it really doesn't take long to put together.  I wanted to try to make a savory bread, and I happen to have a rosemary bush in my kitchen at the moment. I love garlic and can tolerate it so I added that as well. It's perfect with the zucchini pasta and I imagine it would be great with SCD legal spaghetti sauce, I wouldn't know that for a fact yet because I have not tried tomatoes (I'm nervous!).  Why did I bake it in a cake pan? Well I thought a nice round loaf would be a fun. It doesn't rise very much but it's still yummy and light!



Zucchini Pasta (SCD legal, nut free)

Ingredients:
1 fresh zucchini per person
1/2 tsp sea salt
water
fresh parm cheese

Directions:
On the stove top boil a small pot of water. In the mean time peel the skin off the zucchini and then jullieann it into thin ribbons. I only scrape down to the seeds since I'm avoiding seeds right now.
When the water comes to a boil sprinkle with sea salt and add the zucchini. Boil for approx 2 minutes. Strain the noodles, throw into a bowl, and sprinkle with fresh parm.

Grain Free Garlic & Rosemary Bread (SCD legal and nut free)




4 large eggs
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
3 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of a metal pie plate with parchment paper, greasing the sides with olive oil. Combine coconut flour, baking soda, garlic, and rosemary together into a bowl and combine well, set aside. In a blender, a food processor, or another bowl combine the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Add the dry to the wet ingredients and combine until the batter is thick and lump free. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before serving, it's good right out of the oven but if you allow it to come to room temp the flavors are just awesome.


Just pulled from the oven


1 Response to Zucchini Pasta & Garlic and Rosemary Bread (SCD legal & nut free)

  1. Autumn

    I just tried this bread! It is delicious. Thank you

Leave a Reply