today is the not the day

Posted by J on Tuesday, January 4, 2011.

I woke up this morning in a lot of pain. My husband had turned off the heat in our bedroom while he was doing a workout (P90X) and never turned it back on. I didn’t check before I went to bed and here I am this morning, wearing three layers and a blanket. I might put a hat on as well. I just can’t get warm. I feel like getting too cold causes my body curl around my tender right side so this morning my entire body is feels cramped and tired. It’s not a good feeling.

It’s days like these when I want to just eat a cookie and say forget it to my diet. I’m obviously not going to do that, the Christmas cookies are nearly all gone, I’m so close to having all this temptation gone and I know it’s not worth it. I’ve been on this diet since August, I’m going to to give up now? One bad day can’t be end of it, what does that say about me then?

I need a transition here, how about, on to less depressing things? Does that work? Does anyone read this?

I’m thinking about getting a Nook since you can load PDF patterns on it and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper than the IPad with 3G. I almost choked when I realized they were almost 1k. I’m not sure though, I don’t like making large electronic purchases it makes me nervous so I like to think about it for a long time. Since I am apparently massive allergic to dust an books are “the worst thing” to have around I’m thinking switching to an e-reader would probably be good, you know, for books I don’t have yet. I’m not getting rid of my books, I’m not ready to do that and you all know that I have a lot of them. I have an English degree, that’s what I did for four years of my life. I can’t not have books, digital ones are just not the same to me. It makes me sad but books take up a lot of room, and they are hard to move due to the sheer weight of the boxes. It seems like in the future we’re going to be moving around a lot and it was be easier, if they books were all in one place and having them be digital also reduces the risk of loosing them since even if the e-reader is damaged they are still retained electronically somewhere. See how I’m talking myself into this?

I’m knitting myself a bright orange shawl. I feel like it will never get done, and frankly, I’m not sure I care. It’s relaxing to knit it. The pattern is very simple, the yarn is tiny.

PS I’m on Ravelry as Skiphop

1 Response to today is the not the day

  1. Anonymous

    The people I know who have e-readers really do adore them. So I think it definitely is a good investment!

    For getting warm, can you take a shower with the water as hot as you can stand it? And then drink some warm water/tea/soup?
    I've found that that's a pretty good way to get my core temp back up and stay warm. Just make sure you don't wash your hair if you're showering for warmth! I hope you feel better soon.

Leave a Reply