Vanilla Coconut Cookies

Posted by J on Thursday, January 27, 2011. Filed under: , , , , , ,

I'll be the first to admit that I crave cookies, especially yesterday when the brakes went out in my car (again), it was snowing, and I had to go get my kids. I suppose that's stress eating and that's not always good but I'm only human and I'm grateful that there are foods out there now that I can actually eat and won't aggravate my Crohn's! There are people out there that can not digest flaked coconut so with that in mind I created these cookies. They taste a bit like macaroons but are much easier to digest and are great with tea.

Vanilla Coconut Cookies  (SCD, Nut Free)
makes about 21 cookies

4 eggs
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup solid coconut oil 
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp sea salt

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment or use a silicone baking sheet. Combine the eggs, honey, and solid coconut oil in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on med speed until well combined. I used my kitchen aid stand mixer for this preparation. Add the lemon juice and vanilla and lower the mixing speed to low. Combine the baking soda, coconut flour and sea salt in a small bowl and whisk together well. Add the dry ingredients slowly to your wet ingredients keeping the mixer on low as you add and scrapping down the bowl as needed. 

Scoop your cookies ( I use a cookie scoop for this, my scoop is a little more than a table spoon in capacity) on to your prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.

2 Responses to Vanilla Coconut Cookies

  1. Amoreena

    These look delicious. I can't wait to try them! Btw, I get the food sensitivity/allergy, anxiety thing. I am a mom too, and suffer from these challenges. It's good to see others out there, being creative and keepin' the faith.:) ~Thanks

  2. Clayton + Melanie

    These cookies are amazing! I have linked them to my blog :) Every time I make them, my friends rave about them. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe!
    -Melanie
    atrueadventure.blogspot.com

Leave a Reply