French Toast

Posted by J on Monday, March 28, 2011. Filed under: , , , , ,

This will make approx 6 pieces of French Toast. I usually make two pieces for myself and store the rest of the batter in the fridge for another time. It'll keep for about three days in the fridge. You're going to need bread for this preparation and since I can not eat nuts I've used souffle bread, and coconut flour bread. You can use anything you'd like though, it'll work with any sort of bread. For my family if we're all eating French Toast, I make my portion first and then use the remaining batter for the rest of the crew. Everyone likes it.


In the photos I'm sharing I've used souffle bread.

French Toast Batter
1 egg
1/4 cup yogurt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix everything together, I usually use a fork for this. Get your bread and dip it int the batter, flip over to coat both sides. 


Place in a hot pan and allow to cook until the side that is down has browned. Flip (like a pancake) and cook until the other side is brown.


Syrup
Go ahead and put about 1/3 of a cup of honey into a microwave safe dish, make sure it's tall because honey likes to climb, and microwave it for approx 30 sections to break the honey and create a syrup. Yum!

5 Responses to French Toast

  1. kdes

    How do you make souffle bread? How close does it taste to actual french toast with normal bread?

  2. Unknown

    Look a like yummy and very tasty. I wished to eat this. I like to this toasts with jam and butter.
    eye lift

  3. J

    @kdes there is a link in the post to the recipe that I use from the Grain Free Gourmet book. The texture of souffle bread is not similar to regular bread at all, it's more of a sponge-cake-like bread. The flavor is similar because of the batter but the texture is different.

  4. The Martha Complex

    Looks yummy! I love french toast !

  5. vari

    Hey I like cookies very much and I always like to try different types of cookis.I will definitely try for this recipe in this weekend.Thank you very much for giving such sweet cookie recipe.
    varicose veins

Leave a Reply