Being Brave: Defined.

Posted by J on Monday, February 14, 2011. Filed under: , ,

In 2011 my goal is to Be Brave. I think it can mean a lot of different things, and I'm sure my definition of it is going to evolve over the course of the year.

Right now Being Brave, means being honest and owning my story.

I like to think of myself as pretty sneaky. I can hide a lot of things in this little body of mine and convince a lot of people that I'm fine, I'm okay, I don't need to talk about it. But I do, and I have to, and this year I'm taking the time to do that. I realized recently that keeping everything to myself was only hurting me and inhibiting my chance at a healthy, happy life.

2 Responses to Being Brave: Defined.

  1. QueSarah

    I found your blog from a post on Blogher - I wanted to thank you for sharing your story. It helps others like me realize that I'm not alone. My depression twists things for me on a regular basis - I too am doing it without meds though once upon a time I did take meds (and felt no different, really) - you are brave and so am I. You helped me to make today the very best day I can. Thank you.

    PS.. I love your R.Danger knits! I friended you on Ravelry - I'm QueSarah

    xo

  2. J

    Thank you. I'll friend you back!

Leave a Reply