not sure

Posted by J on Monday, February 21, 2011. Filed under:

So I'm writing, and trying to write about things that scare me and things I don't want to talk about. I've started, several times, to write about my last suicide attempt  but thinking about that night makes me nauseous even though it was nearly 10 years ago. I'm not sure if I'm not ready to talk about it or just too afraid to. Do I push myself out of my comfort zone or do I just stop for now?

4 Responses to not sure

  1. The Martha Complex

    I am hesitate too sometimes on how much to share on my own blog. It's funny that I even worry about what strangers on the world wide web think about me.

    With me writing can be therapeutic; especially when I receive a comment from someone that says I am not alone in whatever is bothering me.

  2. J

    Yes I feel the same way. Exactly.

  3. Libby Colorado

    Do you want to blog about it or write about it privately?

    I found that writing about my darkest time (a few months after it happened) was AWFUL for me because it was too soon. When I think about writing about it, I have to ask myself, "What will I feel like when I'm in the middle of it?" So far, I've opted not to. But perhaps to ask that question is something of a start?

  4. J

    It's been 10 years since the incident. It's shame that's stopping me.

Leave a Reply