finding balance

Posted by J on Thursday, February 3, 2011. Filed under: ,

Now that I've posted a ton of recipes that are heavy on the coconut flour I'm going to try to do more things without it. Over the next couple of weeks I'm hoping I can come up with some alternative desserts (and maybe some meals) that don't use any sort of flour at all. I'm not saying it's going to work out, but I'm going to try!

Posting a recipe every day is hard and I've only been doing it for (almost) two weeks. I know I can't keep up this pace because, frankly, I'm running out of recipes that are done. I'm simply not going to post something that I don't know is going to work that would be irresponsible of me and I can't do that.

Not every recipe I create works out so well.

If I could spend the day in the kitchen experimenting (and had some hired help to clean up the mess) I would but I am a mom first and foremost and while I love cooking and baking I have to realistic about it. I do call it "working" but at this point it's actually a hobby and taking care of my family comes first.

No I'm not going anywhere, I think what I'm doing right now is important and I plan to continue to do it, I'm just trying to explain where I'm coming from. I'm figuring things out right now trying to find some balance between everything I'm doing and what I'd like to be doing in the future.

2 Responses to finding balance

  1. Mrs. Ed

    I recognize that trash can...it comes along with experimenting. Sometimes I can send my goof-ups to my father in-laws house to feed the chickens. When using SCD legal ingredients it's hard to not think.."oops, there went eight or nine dollars" (when experimenting on a grand scale). When I first started the diet and decided to try to come up with stuff, sometimes I would toss three or four experiments in a row.
    I was glad to find your blog, it's always nice to see another SCD blog.

  2. J
    This comment has been removed by the author.

Leave a Reply